Using and cutting your compostable cling wrap
The cardboard package housing the cling wrap does not contain a metal tear strip. This cling wrap comes with perforated lines, when you pull the compostable cling film out of the cardboard box, it’s best to use the perforated lines as your guide to cutting the wrap. Pull the compostable cling wrap up (where you can visually see the perforation) towards the cardboard cut box. The cling wrap will easily tear away from the roll when cut at the correct location.
Alternatively remove the full roll of compostable cling wrap from the container, cover your bowl with the eco cling wrap and tear at the perforated line.
- Perfect for wrapping deli meats, baked items, cheese, fruit, vegetables, sandwiches and leftovers.
- Perforated 30cm film portions
Sugar Wrap compostable cling wrap is an environmentally friendly alternative to standard plastic cling film. Regular plastic cling film will not break down naturally in the environment.
Please note: This product is compostable certified EN13432. The compostable eco cling wrap passed the following tests in order to obtain its compostable certification:
- Product breaks down within 12 weeks in commercial compost, and 24 weeks in domestic compost conditions, including in a worm farm.
- After this period there were no harmful residues or toxins left behind.
- The product leaves behind a soil enhancer that helps to grow new plants.
- The product contains zero conventional plastic.
For more information about compostability please visit our blog post: Biodegradable or Compostable
It won’t compost if you don’t compost it.
We are currently testing this product in our bio-test patch and home composting system. Results to follow!